- This event has passed.
FCSUA Regional Professional Development and Technical Assistance Workshops
Who – Career Technical Center, State College, and University faculty and staff, disability service providers, special populations coordinators, administrators, K-12 educators and staff
Purpose – To address the immediate need for information regarding FCSUA resources and program development, we are providing three regional workshops intended to achieve the following outputs and outcomes:
- Increase participants’ understanding of resources available to postsecondary education institutions to develop inclusive programs for students with intellectual disabilities within their institutions.
- Increase participants’ knowledge of the Florida Postsecondary Comprehensive Transition Program (FPCTP) application and grant proposal process.
- Provide planning tools to help prepare postsecondary education staff and constituents to participate in the Florida Postsecondary Education Program Planning Institute tentatively scheduled for January 24 – 26, 2018.
- Get the latest updates and reports on Florida Postsecondary Comprehensive Transition Programs (FPCTP)
- Learn about the FPCTP application process, grant opportunities, and student scholarships to attend a FPCTP.
- Build your FPCTP team and prepare to participate in the Florida Postsecondary Education Program Planning Institute.
- Work with FCSUA staff to plan your FPCTP application and grant proposal.
When and where (the content will be the same, you are welcome to attend any one of the workshops)
Central Florida µ Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – the day before the Florida College System conference at Santa Fe College, Hilton Garden Inn, 4075 SW 33rd Place, Gainesville, Florida, 32608
Florida Panhandle µ Friday, November 3, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Hilton Garden Inn, 1101 US Highway 231, Panama City, Florida
South Florida µ Thursday, November 30, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Hilton Garden Inn, 12600 University Drive, Fort Myers, Florida, 33907
Cost – There is no registration fee for the workshops. The FCSUA will pay for one night’s hotel room at the workshop site the evening before the workshop for each participant (includes breakfast). Participants must register for a specific workshop to receive the hotel accommodation. Rooms will be booked directly by FCSUA. Lunch will be provided during the workshop. Participants are responsible for mileage and any other meals or expenses.
Register – Please register at https://tinyurl.com/2017FCSUAWorkshops no later than 2 weeks prior to your workshop to insure your hotel accommodation.
Please pass this information to those in your organization for whom it is relevant. Attached are both an informational flyer and a draft agenda. Please call 407-823-5225 or email to [email protected] for more information!